Monday, January 12, 2009

Jag rear ends

The info line received the following email:-
Subject: Nagari coupe

Around 1980, I had a perv at a red Nagari coupe in Artarmon, Sydney. Always lusting about the Nagari design since 1970, this was a real treat.

However, I noticed the camber of the rear wheels did not convince me that all was right. A study under her rear end (if you'll excuse) proved she be fitted with a Jaguar rear suspension set-up including in-board discs.

Can anyone tell me any info of these conversions please?

Sincerely, Brett Hart.


Jag rear ends were popular on hot rods and Cobra replicas and I know they have turned up on the odd Nagari, which ones I'm not sure. At some stage, everyone seems to talk about how good they would be and I do remember having seen one on a Nagari in the flesh. What do others know about them?

3 comments:

jed262626 said...

Hello John,
I recall seeing a Jag back end under the Leon Ellery 'wide body' Nagari before Leon took it to the USA.I presume it is still fitted.
Leon also fitted a 351 and 3 speed auto.
Also, I reasonably sure George May in Maroochydore also fitted a Jag back end to his car
Regards

John L said...

Chris G has written:-
With the query about jag rear ends I thought it might be worthwhile you saying something about Mk.7s. You could comment on the handling of the ex Steve Rowley car with the Mercedes rear end and Ron may be able to add something as one of his I believe has an independent Jag rear end. I suspect that there may be others about and really in that department what is the difference of a Nagari or a Mk7 fitted with an independent rear?

John L said...

The Nagari roadster posted yesterday on Carpoint has Jaguar suspension I notice.