Tuesday, January 20, 2009

There are Mark 1 Cortinas and Mark 1 Cortinas

From my posts yesterday and today on the Bill Griffiths and John Hartney Mark 7s has come a comment from Peter G that "it's interesting to note that the Mk 1 Cortina parking lights were used (by John) as they were in Bill Griffiths build of his Mk7". Due to my somewhat "blinkered" Nagari existance, I didn't recognise them. I always thought Mk.1 Cortinas had the front blinkers like the ones in pictures 3 and 4 as seen on the first 80-odd Nagaris. Now that I am enlightened, I find that the ones in pictures 1 and 2 are just as prevalent as the others.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Nagari lights are from the "Air Flow" Cortina, an updated mark 1 introduced in Sept 1964. The nickname comes from the updated ventilation system, rather than any aerodynamic properties. The name does seem to be a good match for a Nagari though.

John L said...

Sure does.

John L said...

Just noticed today that John Harrland's V8 Mk.7 had the early oval shaped front blinkers too. And the rounded off back window. I remember that car being a mustard colour and coming to live in Port Augusta from Victoria in the late 60s.

Anonymous said...

I would love to know the history of the car before it arrived in SA