Friday, March 27, 2009

A cool Corvette

Roger T sent me these photos with the comment "how's this for a fibreglass sports car?" I remember seeing them somewhere else before but there may be others who haven't and they are certainly worth sharing. It was built by someone who loved the features of the 1959 Chevy and decided to incorporate them into the very latest Corvette. I think the results are fantastic. If I remember correctly there was limited production planned. The 1959 Chev was assembled in Australia, only in one 4-door model and only with the Blue Flame engine. I think they arrived from America in CKD form so they were kit-cars in a way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'57 front '59 rear drives like a current Corvette, Perfect for the guy who wants to have his Kate and Edith too!

Jim said...

I remember reading about it a couple of years ago. Can't remember the name unfortunately. But I do remember that it was a combination of '57, '58 and '59 models. I've no idea which are the '58 bits.
Seems to me that the '59 had little round indicators taht hund down underneath those amazing fins. Ahh, they don't make 'em like that anymore!

Anonymous said...

The 1958 bits are the start of the fins and those little indicators that hung under the fins were perculiar to the Aussie 1959 models only