Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Does anybody recognise this chassis?

I was wondering if someone could help me in identifying the chassis of a newly acquired Buchanan. I have been told that it could be a Wolseley or a Sunbeam. As can be seen in the photo's it has leaf front springs and have been told a later model English (?) rear axle. The body was cream in colour and has a Buchanan Body Tag # 98. 

The overall: length of the chassis is 132 inch
Rear chassis width is 31.6 inch
Front chassis width is 20.6 inch
Wheel base approx is 91inch
Rear wheel track is 43.6 inch

The only history that I know about the car is that it got to Griffith (NSW) in the early 60's through a local car yard and was purchased by a local.He owned it for years until it was stolen off his farm and was recovered in Griffith shortly after. I don't know if it was stripped then or was done at a later date. I purchased it from Griffith last year.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. 
David Homburg
davidhomberg@bigpond.com

1 comment:

vic jwf said...

g'day john i think it's a 1949singer nine chassis same as mine which i stripped back to paint looks the same cheers reid