Monday, May 21, 2012

Anyone seen this bus?

Hello

I am writing to you in an endeavour to find an old 1946 Ford Semi Trailer bus. I understand that this a car club and I am hoping that you may be able to refer me to someone more appropriate.

This bus was owned by the Abbott family of Victor Harbor, SA, and daily carried school children from Goolwa to Victor Harbor back in the 50s and early 60s. It was converted into a holiday vehicle and finally ended up in a paddock in the Riverland of SA.  Someone from Victoria rescued the badly neglected bus from the paddock and fully restored this bus.

So many years down the track, so many people would like to see this old bus in its fully restored state, perhaps a re inactment and/or a vist to the area again.

Is there anyone who is a part of your organisation that might know the whereabouts of this bus, perhaps someone may be able to refer me to someone/organisation in an endeavour to locate the current owners.

Kind regards

Helen Hurford (former school passenger)


helenhurford@mail.com
Something like this? Read the caption, I reckon this is the actual one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I rode on this bus when I visited my uncle Reg Pettit at Chiton Rocks for summer holidays in the mid 50's. I was really pissed off because I wanted to ride up front with the driver but only the older kids were allowed to do so. Us littlies had to ride in the back with our Mums. Col

Semi Trailer Rental said...

hey,
its Looking like Semi Trailer